Become a Contributor
A Guide for Contributors
Farewells magazine is always happy to welcome content from new contributors.
Our main criteria for anyone submitting article ideas, experiences, interviews or an idea to us is that it fits with the style and message of the magazine, so please make sure you are familiar with the title before submitting. We prefer stories that are relevant and authentic. Stories should also contain ‘positive’ elements that can inspire and help readers.
Farewells magazine offers impartial, fair and independent support to people looking for guidance when planning a funeral for themselves or others. Farewells features articles across a wide spectrum, but with a core emphasis on Funeral choices, fascinating services and true-life experiences.
Submissions from Experienced Writers
If you have previous writing or journalism experience, then we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us with a brief overview of your background and experience, along with links to some of your work and any ideas that you have for articles.
Submissions from New Writers
If you don’t have any previous writing experience and have no examples of your work to show us your writing style, please submit a complete article to us, along with a brief overview of your personal or professional experience in relation to the article.
- Attach your story to the form below. Microsoft Word documents saved in .doc and .docx formats please.
- We promise to respond to you within a week.
- Provide a clear description of your story idea in the email subject line.
- If you have them, please include links or examples of previously published writing.
- In order to maintain the authenticity of our articles, we expect articles to be offered free of charge.
- Submitted articles may not be more than 900 words.
- In the interest of quality, diversity and Farewells magazine reserves full editorial control.
- Finally, if there are any areas that you’re particularly passionate about or have relevant experience in, please list these at the end of your email. We may contact you in the future if we want to write about these topics.
Please submit your details and an article in Microsoft Word format (.doc, .docx format).