Last Updated: 01 September 2019
All your Personal Information shall be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’). If you want to know what information we collect and hold about you, please write to us at: Farewells, Maghull Business Centre, Red Lion Building, 1 Liverpool Road North, Liverpool L31 2HB. Alternatively, email us on email@example.com or telephone 0151 527 1577
Farewells is the data controller of your Personal Information for the purpose of the Act.
Our policy on Cookies
Like many websites, our website makes use of a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Is A Cookie?”) and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after our website.
- remember you when you visit this website to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the website.
- make our website work as efficiently as possible.
- facilitate transactions and administer services to you and to our partners.
What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but in order to protect your privacy, your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
How do we use the information we collect from cookies?
- As you browse our site, the site uses its cookies to differentiate you from other users. Cookies, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our website and to determine which parts of the site are most popular. This helps us gather feedback to constantly improve our website and better serve our customers.
- Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about you and we do not generally store any personal information that you provided to us in your cookies.
- Most of the cookies we use are ours, however, on occasion, we will issue a cookie by a third party to help us operate the site — these are sometimes known as “web beacons” or “clear gifts”. These cookies cannot be used to identify an individual; they can only be used for statistical purposes, for example, in providing you with advertisements that are more relevant to your interests.
- For this purpose, we may disclose generic, aggregated or anonymised data relating to your visits and use of our website, but we will not disclose any of your Personal Information which identifies you or from which you may be identifiable i.e. we will not disclose your contact details such as your email address, name, address or telephone number.
- The third party companies that generate these cookies have their own, very strict, privacy policies but we don’t have access to these cookies; other than allowing them to be served, we have no role to play in these cookies at all (although we may use statistical information arising from these third party cookies and provided to us by third parties, to improve our website experience).
How do I remove or block cookies?
- Most browsers allow you to remove any cookies and/or block any new cookies being set. To turn off cookies, look at the “help” menu on your browser. However, please note, that switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our website and interact with the services we provide, we may collect the following information:
- Personal information that you choose to share with us when you register for services, emails, newsletters and alerts.
- If you choose to correspond with us or our partners through email, phone or by submitting a “call-back request form” using the contact methods displayed on the website, we may retain the content of your email messages, phone call or “call-back request form”, together with your provided email address, phone number and our responses. This includes the recording of telephone conversations made to any telephone number published on the website for the purpose of administration of our business services.
- Information about the way our website has been used by you (see also our specific policy on cookies, detailed above)
- Your IP address and other information (such as the browser you are using) may be collected when you interact with our website.
- It is important that all the Personal Information you give us when you use the website is correct and accurate. This includes, by way of example only, ensuring that we have your correct contact (including e-mail) details when prompted.
- We strive to maintain the highest standards of security, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
How do we use the information you provide to us?
- In general terms, we use Personal Information for the purpose of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making other products and services available to our customers and prospective customers.
- Occasionally, we may also use the Personal Information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, and new services we think you will find valuable. Please note that this will only be done if you have consented to receive such communications at the point of registration. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where you have used any of the dedicated phone numbers on our site that allow you to connect to our partners, dialling the number displayed will connect you to the relevant partner; we may still record the call for monitoring purposes. Any such recordings are explicitly restricted to the relevant partner and Farewells Magazine employees.
- Where you submit information through a “call-back request form” on the website that is there for the sole purpose of allowing our partners and you to make initial contact, we will pass on your information provided within such form to our partners.
Opt-out of receiving emails
You can unsubscribe from our regular emails at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the footer of the email you have received. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com. Please allow 24 hours for your email address to be removed from our system.
Sharing personal information with third parties
- We treat the security and method of processing your Personal Information very seriously, and we will never sell your personal information under any circumstances.
- However, we may disclose your Personal Information to selected third parties in the following situations:
- to facilitate our business, including, by way of example only, passing on your contact information to Partners selected by you when you submit a “call-back request form”;
- if we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets, as appropriate;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties in accordance with your authorisation as expressed via ‘opt-ins’ e.g. at the point of registration.
- Please note, by posting any personal information in any publicly accessible area of our website, such information may be collected by third parties over which we have no control. We strongly recommend all users keep postings anonymous. We are not responsible for the use of such information by such third parties.
- Please, therefore, exercise all due care and consideration before disclosing any personal information that will be disclosed in public areas. You should also avoid disclosing any personal information that may be used to identify you (such as your name, age, home or work address or name of your employer) especially if you disclose any sensitive personal information.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
Should you have any queries about any Personal Information which we hold about you, you may submit a request to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall endeavour to respond to any such request as soon as we are able.
What about other websites linked to our website?
- We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our website.
Where we store your personal data